.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Billy Joel on Politics: 'Not my job to tell people what to think'




Rock legend Billy Joel says when it comes to politics, entertainers are “more like court jesters than court philosophers.”

In a lengthy interview with Rolling Stonethe “Piano Man” crooner said people don’t come to his concerts to hear him preach politics.
“I try to stay out of politics. I am a private citizen and I have a right to believe in my own political point of view, but I try not to get up on a soapbox and tell people how to think,” Joel said.
“I’ve been to shows where people start haranguing the audience about what’s going on politically and I’m thinking, ‘You know, this isn’t why I came here,'” the singer explained. “As a matter of fact, one of the biggest cheers of the night comes when we do ‘Piano Man’ and I sing, ‘They know that it’s me that they’re coming to see to forget about life for a while,’ and the audience lets out this huge ‘ahhhh’ and I say, ‘OK, yeah, don’t forget that.'”
The six-time Grammy-winner, who’s scored chart-topping hits and has toured the world for five decades, did say that he is “still flabbergasted” that Donald Trump won the White House.

Joel joins the likes of actor Mark Wahlberg and  Transformers: The Last Knight star Josh Duhamel, who recently told Fox News: “I don’t like to get involved politically at all. Nobody cares what I think politically.”
Read More . . . .




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said ...
cleaver this billy